December 10, 2013 by danfisher87
Christmas is only 15 days away! It’s the time to give thanks, get together and eat & drink to excess.
How will it effect your diet?
What about your macros?
How many calories are in sherry, baileys, trifle, pigs in blankets, mince pies and all the rest of it…
Don’t lose sleep about it! Here’s some top tips to an enjoyable stress free Christmas that won’t affect your progress whilst dieting/training:
1. Christmas is a time for family/friends, enjoy this time and don’t let food dictate your every single move. Nothing should be out of bounds at Christmas.
2. Have a rest at Christmas, you’re not going to lose all your gains in one day. Forget about training and the gym for a day.
3. Unless your friends/family are as dedicated to Health & Fitness as you are do not talk about macros or calories with your family and friends, they really don’t care.
4. If you’re on a low carb diet or are cutting weight plan to have a refeed day or a free meal on Christmas, another gift.
5. Give up some calories from each day in the week leading up to Christmas so you can eat more on Christmas Day.
For example save 100 calories up for a week and 100 calories a day would give you 700 calories more on Christmas Day, consider it a gift to yourself. I wouldn’t recommend doing this on a regular basis but as Christmas is once a year you should be ok.
6. Enjoy yourself, you can get back to your diet the following day. One day off WILL NOT hurt!